Homepage of The Grove Luxury Boarding Kennels in Staffordshire

About The Grove

Grove Farm and The Grove Luxury Dog Boarding Kennels


Meet Lindsay & Rob

Two generations of our family live and work here, which provides the highest level of safety and security for our guests. Keith and Annabelle (Rob's parents) live on one side of the kennels, and Rob, with his wife Lindsay, 3 children and pets on the other side.

 

Linday MallaberLindsay
Rob MallaberRob

 

Keith and Rob both have agricultural college qualifications, and have spent over 55 years (between them!) caring for both large and small animals.

Annabelle grew up with kennels, being involved with her family's kennels business from a very early age.

Lindsay has exceptional caring and calming skills, and is probably going to be your first welcoming contact with us.


Why we created luxury dog boarding

We believe that at The Grove we have created luxury kennelling to a standard that far exceeds the imagination...

Because our philosophy is to create as much of your dog's home environment as posssible, we have created rooms which are big and bright, with plenty of space for even the largest dogs to bound around in with us.

Our extremely comfortable surroundings are no accident - they are specially designed to make everyone relax. From ourselves to visitors, the calm and happy atmosphere has a knock-on effect on every single dog that stays with us as a guest. Dogs immediately sense the relaxed environment and available home comforts.

Our luxury kennels were designed by luxury dog hotel design expert: David Key...

We believe the minimum requirements are just not good enough, which is why our Deluxe Suites are over 3 times larger than this, with our Emperor Suites a massive 5 times larger than is normal.

Dogs relaxing in an Emperor Suite


A little history

The Grove Kennels, and Grove Farm are set within the grounds of what was once a grand Georgian house and park going back as far as the Old Manor House in the 1500's.

In 1776 Capability Brown was commissioned to landscape the park, and to design and build a mansion. Brown completed the contract in 1779, having planted 100,000 trees, transforming 400 acres with picturesque avenues, vistas, leisure gardens and lake. The whole became a magnificent setting for the Palladian mansion built on the site of the Old Manor House.

When completed the mansion ranked among the finest in the kingdom of George III. As was the fate of many grand estates, it was divided into several farms and was sold on 31st May 1808. Among the main purchasers was Sir Robert Peel of Tamworth.

The Grove is named after The Orangery and Orange Grove that once supplied the grand house.

Map of the 400 acre estate with tree-lined avenues dating to 1775
Map of the 400 acre estate with tree-lined avenues dating to 1775

 

Click here to view our luxury dog suites...